Tuesday, May 16, 2006

And You Wonder Why They Hate Us

You read my mind, Slowpitch, as my next post was about San Jose ignorance. Only a few times in my life have I been embarrassed to be an American, but Monday was certainly one of them after I heard about the San Jose Shark fans booing the Canadian national anthem during pregame. Who are these people?! I don't think there are many more disrespectful (nonviolent) acts towards a country or its citizens. I bet these yahoos out in Cali would be royally pissed off if they found out the crowd was booing the US anthem up in Edmonton. This reminded me of when I was in Cozumel, Mexico a couple of years ago and while at a dance club a group of dumbass American tourists starting chanting "USA! USA!", each holding a Dos Equis in his hand, not ten minutes after passing through a conga line in which the natives poured free tequila down their throats; I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. Grow up, dipshits.

No comments: