Friday, March 24, 2006

NCAA Bracket Update

Looking back at my Cinderella picks I may not have been too far off, but I obviously discounted the two major underdogs in Bradley and George Mason. How coincidental was it that four of my upstart teams had to play each other (Arizona-Wisconsin & WV-So. Illinois), making it impossible two of them would live up to the title? Still, Witchita State remains a force to be reckoned with and Bradley's run supported the MV conference's claim of toughness. It was hard, though, to take Bucknell over Memphis and West Virginia over Texas (but what a game!). And once again, two 12's knocked off a couple 5's to start the tourney.
An examination of the Sweet 16 seems to have very few possible variations. The ESPN bracket group I'm in isn't very diverse, with virtually one or two game going to decide the winner. I think about everyone picked UConn in the final game and BC over Villanova and UCLA in the Final Four (except me, thanks to KU). Most of those look like safe bets but my hopes are still riding on Texas going far.

Standings after the first two rounds:

1. Guiter
2. Port
3. Alberty
4. Top Seeds
5. Zenisek
6. Casady
7. Williams
8. Kassel
9. Fischer

No comments: