Friday, January 05, 2007

Boo-Yah! Stuart, You Suck!

Lately I've been watching Stump the Schwab, the sports-based trivia game show, on a regular basis. It is a very educational show with some amazing displays of knowledge. However, it gets tougher to watch almost daily due to Stuart Scott and his horrible hosting job. He makes horrible jokes, feeds Schwabs ego to ridiculous proportions, and tries his damnest to act/talk black. Any one who reads ESPN.com regularly can tell you that Scoop Jackson plays the role of the "token angry black guy" who thinks everything is a racial issue, and I'm wondering why he hasn't gone up to Stuart and bitchslapped him and told him to knock that shit off. It sounds completely unnatural and downright embarrassing. He's also tried to patent the expression "boo-yah!" and exploding fist bump. (Yesterday during the second round, after a contestant scored, Stuart tried to be a comedic smart ass by asking him if he could add 4 and 11 together, and his sarcastic response was, "I went to college, Stu." Then, I guess because Stu thought the guy was trying to upstage him, said, in all seriousness, "So did I, except I make a paycheck with lots and lots of zeroes on it", making for possibly the most unwarranted and awkward game show moment I've ever seen.) Searching on the internet for "Stump the Schwab" resulted in an amazing number of blogs and websites really laying into him, so I know I'm not the only one. The game show aside, he says the same shit during Sportscenter and I don't know how he's lasted this long. If ESPN gets rid of excellent baseball analyst Harold Reynolds for a minor sexual harrassment accusation, surely they should drop Stuart on grounds he's a dumbass.

No comments: