Friday, June 30, 2006

Following Suit...

Nice idea of posting All-Star picks, so I believe I will follow in your wise foot steps and do the same.

AL Ballot

1B: Paul Konerko - South Siders - consistent and dependable
2B: Robinson Cano - Yankees - for a rookie on the NYY playing this well, I give him the nod over a position loaded with stars
SS: Miguel Tejada - Baltimore - a bright spot on a dismal team
3B: Joe Crede - South Siders - he could hit .270 and should still make the team with his defense
C: Joe Mauer - Minnesota - is there really any question?
OF: Jermaine Dye - South Siders - I hate to pick so many Sox players, but JD deserves this more than the other two...
OF: Alex Rios - Toronto - Wells would work here too, but Rios is a solid hitter with power
OF: Magglio Ordonez - Detroit - I'm not sure I completely sold on Mags, but good enough for sure
SP: Mike Mussinia - Yankees - Pitching well for his age and providing an anchor for the Yanks rotation

NL Ballot

1B: Albert Pujols - St. Louis - duh...
2B: Dan Uggla - Florida - good call Kelly - this guy is great
SS: Joes Reyes - NYM - speaking a great guys, with the glove and the lumber...
3B: David Wright - NYM - I thnk Rolen is great, but here I give the nod to Wright...namely just to spite you, I love Rolen...
C: Michael Barrett - Cub Scouts - My oddball pick, he did a lot when the Cubs needed him, including hitting AJ...
OF: Carlos Lee - Brewers - Another ex-Sox making his name known...
OF: Carlos Beltran - NYM - putting up great numbers and playing to win...
OF: Matt Holliday - Colorado - I hate to copy your OF Kelly, but this guy is another solid player, good pick
SP: Tom Glavine - NYM - This guy has been stellar this year, lets hope it continues in to the second half

The talent level in the league this year seems suprisingly high, lots of good players all over the field. I'm glad I don't have to pick the teams...

No comments: