Saturday, March 08, 2008

NFL Draft

One of my favorite times of year is the NFL draft.  Maybe because I find myself starved for football come April, and its about as close as I can get.  

 

So here are my thoughts on some of the players in the draft. 

 

Brian Brohm

 

Brohm is my  favorite player in the draft.  I love his throwing motion and this ability to manage a game.  He showed his ability last year to be a great QB and had he left, would be make some noise on an NFL roster.  As it was, he stayed and suffered.  Steve Kragthorpe could not get his team to stop anybody on defense.  Sadly his stock has fallen.  However, this may be the best scenario.  I hate seeing great players going to teams that are just awful and expect one player to fix a broken franchise.  I hope the Vikes take a chance on this young man, because T. Jackson is not proving to be very helpful.  Watch this young man, because he may end up in the second round and make some team very happy (see Ben Roethlisberger)

 

Glenn Dorsey

 

I am not convinced this guy will make it in the NFL.  He's been hurt a lot, and nerved really lived up to the hype his senior year.  His stock is falling right now because of his injuries.  He might be a decent player but I don't seem him making it farther than tops on his team.  I just don't see him being an all-star nor I imagine him being a center-piece on a defensive front.  He'll contribute, but not like the Williams boys (no relation) in Minnesota.

 

Darren McFadden

 

I worry this guy might disappoint too.  He seems to be labeled as a god among men.  He isn't though.  He's good, really good.  But remember the A. Peterson was not expected to produce much in the NFL (injury prone).  However, he made it and showed his worth.  Now I do believe he can make it this league, but I'm not convinced he can produce at the same level as Adrian Peterson.  

No comments: