Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chicago Bias

I see the Cubs win again today.  Congrats North-siders.  But my question is this - why should I care?  I understand I probably shouldn't be writing about inequity of coverage between the Cubs and White Sox.  But it is worth mentioning.  Plus if the Sox get really good, you can say you heard it here first.  (No laughing you Croat)  So the Cubs have won 5 in a row.  
Great!  The White Sox just won 5 in a row.  The difference, the Cubs played the Pirates and the Astros.  Both teams were projected in the lower half of an already paltry division.
The White Sox beat the Tigers, in fact they took it to the Tigers.  And the Twins.  Yes that would be the same Tigers that some predicted will score 1000 runs this year with the new murder's row line up.  Instead we hear how great the Cubs are playing and how bad the Tigers are playing.  What does it take to get a little love on the South Side.  Its only been 2 years since we won a World Series.  Its been at least that for the Cubs, right?  But all this will be for naught.  I realize people just love the Cubs, and come September when the games really matter, we'll see what happens.

No comments: