Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Here Comes Lil' Duncan...

Here come the Reds...ha! I scoff at the idea that St. Louis will not win its sixth division crown in seven seasons. (I will at this time concede that I have absolutely no faith in any of our starting pitchers who aren't named Chris Carpenter.) What a gem-- four-hit shutout tonight. You bahlt.
That being said, it's time to give props to my man Chris Duncan as his surge into the major leagues has kept the Cards in contention and his continuing production will be required to make the playoffs. Edmonds is streaky, Eckstein is losing his mojo (.311 BA before All-Star break, .233 since), and teams will pitch around Albert. I've really noticed his big bat lately and wish he'd been slotted #2 all season. Let's measure his power hitting up to some other notable rookies.


If St. Louis does indeed hold on and fend off the Reds, his name must be mentioned at least once in the Rookie of the Year discussions.

2 comments:

radar said...

Ha! The Reds prevail!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »