Monday, August 07, 2006

Hidden Agendas and Cups of Piss

The Floyd Landis Saga continues as the cyclist stands by his claims that he is innocent of doping accusations. The whole situation seems curious but I really don't know enough about how chemical enhancers work to make a judgement. It has been reported that he took eight urine samples and three blood tests and only one came out positive (the infamous "A" sample). I would have to think this synthetic testosterone would be traceable in his system for a longer period of time, and he even points out the fact it doesn't work instantly if taken only once. In an interview shown today on ESPN he said he wanted to clarify that his testosterone level is actually low, not high, and that the discrepency is related to his ratio. I'm still waiting for SportsCenter to present a clear explanation of exactly what is illegal about his urine and how these synthetic substances work. For now, Landis is making this a larger issue by hinting at some form of conspiracy with the objective of his dethroning. At first I was in denial until the "B" results came out, then I sunk into extreme disappointment, but now I just don't know what the hell to think because he looked pretty convincing on tv. I hope this ends with a definite conclusion and doesn't leave us wondering what really went on in France.

No comments: