Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Even I've Been On the Trading Block

While sifting through my stacks of college/FH paperwork I came across the following email that had been printed out and given to me years ago. I found it humorous enough to post. Oh, how relieved I am this deal never actually occured. (And thanks for the vote of convidence, Strader.)

From: "Scott Strader"
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:44:34
Trade Talks

AMES (AP)--Apparently Luke Foster, FarmHouse rush chairman, was approached by the Alpha Sigma Phi rush chairman today asking if FH was rushing a Kelly Guiter, "because we want to rush him too." FH has currently forged a deal in which the Alpha Sigs would be allowed to retain the rights to Guiter along with Chris Gardner, Travis Mitchell, and a right-handed relief rushee to be named later. FH will receive a Homecoming General Co-Chair, a 6-foot-5 basketball player, a bass-baritone, and an undisclosed amount of cash rumored to be in excess of $10 million. Attempts to claim Ryan Satterly on waivers fell through because he is being sent to a rehab assignment at AAA-Iowa. Satterly's agent declined comment.

No comments: