Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Trade Deadline Move?

I was shocked at the latest trade deadline move the other day. No, not Odalis Perez being traded. I'm talking about Harold Reynolds being let go by ESPN as a Baseball Tonight Analyst. I was shocked, in fact, I didn't believe what I was reading. Harold is close second behind Peter Gammons in my book for baseball analyst. The ABC "Family" of networks refused comment as to why he was let go, but I'd sure like to hear them justify it. Rich Sutcliffe, John Kruk, no offense, just don't strike me as great minds in baseball. Buster Olney and maybe on some days Orel, but Harold will be missed.

1 comment:

The Big Ticket said...

Rumor has it he sexually harassed a co-worker but he calls it a hug, nothing more. Regardless of what really happened, Harold will be missed as he always stuck out as the one who formed complete thoughts and analyses beforehand, rather than spewing random points on the spot (like Kruk often does). He also stuck with his convictions and could admit when he was wrong. His only flaw was the fact that baseball could consist of only the Yankees and Red Sox and he would be content. Other than that, great colorman: BBT won't be the same.